Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rules.

The WoTMUD forums can be found at www.wotmud.org/forums. When I logged into the game with my brand new character, there was a notice in the Circle of Light that I should read the forums to become more acquainted with the game before I proceeded with playing.

When you get to the forums, you see a number of different catagories, including Game Announcements, Balance and Player's Lounge. There is also a Help forum. I feel this particular forum will be the most beneficial right now, so I check it out.

The very first thread in the Help forum is the rules thread. Perfect! I click on the thread and it links me to another thread with the actual rules. I can't help but notice, in all caps, the following warning:

"THIS LIST IS NOT COMPREHENSIVE, ALTHOUGH IT TRIES TO BE INFORMATIVE TO THE BEST OF ITS ABILITY, JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS NOT LISTED HERE THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS LEGAL AND ALLOWED. YOU WILL BE REPRIMANDED AND EVEN PUNISHED IF YOU BREAK RULES THAT EXIST IN THE GAME WHETHER IT BE HERE, THE ANNOUNCEMENT FORUMS, CLAN FORUMS OR A UNDERSTOOD/IMPLIED RULES."

 The warning firmly in my mind, I continue on to the list of rules. There are five main rules, and the remaining rules are listed alphabetically. (In order to keep this post easy to read, I will link to the post on the wotmud forums, as well as post it elsewhere on this site for reference.)

The most relevant rules at this point seem to be the multi-playing rule, which states that you are not allowed to be logged in on more than one character at any given time, even if one of the characters is linkdead. Following that rule is the "Wait before switching characters" rule. You must wait 5 minutes before switching characters of the same race, and 30 minutes between switching races.

Another important rule is the Name rule. Names must follow the roleplay of the Wheel of Time and not be too close to names in the books. There are examples of inappropriate names, as well as a link to a helpful random name generator (http://wotmud.org/names/). After carefully reviewing the rules, I determine that my name meets all the criteria and I don't think I'll have a problem. Excellent.

You can find the complete list of rules HERE or HERE. You can find the Help forum HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment