Friday, June 22, 2012

Aliases (or "Screw LS, SS is better!")

Victory! Yes, I experienced the sweet taste of victory yesterday. Which is to say, I obtained a character with stats I feel good about. I was curious which hunter would produce first, the Seanchan or the Light Side. As it turns out, the Seanchan. Mronz would probably say that's because Seanchan is better.

So, I settled on Str: 17 Int: 10 Wil: 12 Dex: 18 Con: 19. It was suggested that I could probably get better, but I'm quite eager to move out of the Eye of the World and begin exploring Randland. That being said, I'm quite stuck on one last thing in the Eye, so if any of you know where the spiders are located, leave a comment and help me out! This is also the very last detail I need to complete my map.

Another thing I realized yesterday was that WoTMUD has a built-in alias function. Some might think of these as macros, but they're a little different. Basically, for those not familiar with an alias, it's a letter or word that symbolizes a given command; a type of shorthand, in essence. For example, I dislike having to type out hold lantern every evening (lazy, I know). So instead, I choose the letters "hl" to represent that command. Now, each evening when the sun sets, I simply type "hl" and I hold my lantern.

The commands to access the alias list are "alias" to see a list of your set aliases, "alias xxx yyy" where xxx is the shorthand version and yyy is the command you wish it to represent. For example, alias hl hold lantern. Simply typing alias xxx will remove the alias from your list of aliases.

I know I've been promising the Eye of the World map for days, but this time I mean it! I will find those spiders today and the map will be accessible tomorrow, along with (hopefully!) my first adventure outside the Eye of the World.


No comments:

Post a Comment