Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lightside Hunter

Well, I've reviewed the rules and browsed the forums a little bit. I've found some smatterings of interesting information here and there but really, I'm just anxious to actually get in the game and play.

So I log back on my Light Side Hunter. He's right there in the CoL, where I left him. When I log in, a kind soul is, well, kind enough to share some tips with me.

* HP:Healthy MV:Fresh >
A kind soul tells you 'Tip 1: It's easiest to start the game on a warrior from the Borderlands, Kandor, Saldaea and the Two Rivers homelands.'
 Well, I've already made my Light Side Hunter and I'm loathe to go back and make a new one, so I decide to ignore this tip for now, but will keep it in mind when I make my Light Side Warrior.

* HP:Healthy MV:Fresh >
A kind soul tells you 'Tip 2: type LISTEN ALL to toggle our global communication channels on/off. See: HELP LISTEN for further details.'

I type help listen and learn there are two main channels for global communication: narrate and chat. Type listen all toggles them both on and off, or listen narrate/chat toggles them on and off individually. So I turn both channels on and proceed to the next tip.

* HP:Healthy MV:Fresh >
A kind soul tells you 'Tip 3: visit our forums at www.wotmud.org/forums and check out our Help! forum for further information, like our Newbie Guide.'

Since I've already had a look at the Help forums and know where to turn when I need extra help, I decide to move along. There are other tips and helpful information, which I will compile on a separate page on this site for easy access. I decide I'm ready for adventure!

In the Circle of Light, there is a Guardian. If you ask him, he will give you some basic equipment and items necessary for survival, such as food, water and lights. I got my kit and head off to adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment