Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dark Side

Having finally completed my map of the Eye of the World (you can check it out in the right sidebar), I decided it was time to start my journey to becoming a fade. First step: make a trolloc. So I logged on Dark Side and made my character. On Dark Side, there are "animal stocks" instead of homelands. I chose the first option, "beaked trolloc" and decided to stick with a hunter.

There is no "Eye of the World" equivalent on Dark Side. Perhaps that is part of the reason why Dark Side is flagged as "for experienced players only." Disregarding that, I chose to make my trolloc debut in the Ruined Keep. Filled with trollocs and dreadlords and wells bubbling with blood, Dark Side is a much different experience than the Eye of the World.

I began by exploring the Ruined Keep. I didn't find anything to kill, but I did find some nice-looking armor that turned out to belong to a guy named Kultunk. I felt pretty bad for taking his things. That's something everyone should know: Just because it's on the ground, doesn't mean it's been thrown away. It's better to ask if it belongs to anyone if it just seems too good to be true.

Once I completely explore the Ruined Keep, I'll update the map. In addition, you can check out my statting efforts in the Homeland Database page.

On another note, I received an excellent mail from Yeri explaining what the different stats mean and how they affect your character. Look for that explanation over the next few days. In addition, my seanchan hunter is level 11! I'll be heading out of the Eye of the World and beginning my adventures in Falme, so watch for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment