Sunday, June 24, 2012

Classes and a note on Trolloc Stocks.


 Yesterday was an excellent day! Not only did I successfully obtain a trolloc warrior (Step 1 in my journey to fade!), I met a really nice guy, named Uvall, with some great information. He gave me a complete, up-to-date map of the world and agreed to let me share it with all of you. In addition, he had some scripts that make the mudding experience even better! Melee colors, which highlight particular actions in battle, exp trackers and chat logs are just a few of the great scripts he also agreed to let me share. You can find those on the Map page in the right sidebar. And since I love exploring every nook and cranny, I will still be updating my own personal map, though likely at a much slower pace, so you'll still be able to use the images instead of the file if you prefer. Keep checking back for updates on that.

In addition to the great resources Uvall shared with me, he also gave me some new information about trolloc stocks and classes. I had been trying to stat a beaked trolloc hunter, but apparently that was the wrong way to go. Uvall suggested I start with a wolfish trolloc warrior and then perhaps move on to a wolfish trolloc hunter once I got the hang of things. Taking his advice, I made a new character and got a warrior with Str: 19 and Con: 19 on the third try. Uvall mentioned that for warriors, those are the two critical stats, so I was pleased to have gotten 19's so easily.

But I wondered: What is the difference between a hunter and a warrior? So Uvall shared a bit of information with me that I'd like to pass on to you. Unlike other games, where often armor can be restricted by class, any class can wear anything. Mages might be limited to cloth in an mmo, but a channeler in wotmud could walk around in full armor if they wanted, though it might not be the best idea. Warriors tend to be easy to stat and have high hit points and strength. In contrast, rogues tend to have lower strength and hit points, but high dexterity. Hunters seem to be a combination of both and could fall anywhere in between. Each class has a perk that sets it apart from the other classes. Warriors have an ability called "zerk attack". What that means is when the warrior sets his mood to berserk (there are three "moods": wimpy, brave and berserk. Changing your mood changes how offensive or defensive you are), he gets extra hits in each round of battle. Unfortunately, when you are berserk, you can't flee so it's probably best to choose your battles wisely. Hunters get an ability called "auto-track", which allows them to see tracks on the ground automatically, without having to use the "track" ability. Rogues are able to look into rooms around them without actually entering the room. In addition, they can see what people are holding and steal things. We didn't talk about the channeler class, but obviously the perk is magic casting.

Huge thanks to Uvall for all his help explaining classes to me and showing me the best place to stat on Dark Side. By the time I logged off, I was level 8 or 9. I'll be working hard on securing my Light Side Hunter's stats today. He seems to be having the hardest time. Hopefully today will bring some luck!




9 comments:

  1. Good luck getting good stats on your Light Side hunter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Osiris. It took a really long time, but after about 70 stats, I got a str: 19 and con: 18 hunter. The middle stats were kind of low, but I guess for abs it doesn't matter. Next time I'll try another homeland. It sure took a lot longer than either Seanchan Side or Dark Side, but now I have a character to play for each side :).

      I left the Eye of the World finally too! I'll share my adventures in Caemlyn over the next few days :)

      Delete
  2. There is also a Normal mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that Normal mood is somewhere between Brave and Wimpy? Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  3. A bit of a note on the moods, as I've heard more than one person say "There's a normal mood!?"

    Wimpy is going to give your maximum defensive bonus and your minimum offensive bonus. Changing from normal (what I consider the base mood, but nobody seems to use) to wimpy will usually net your about 10 more PB while decreasing your OB by about 15.

    Changing from normal to Brave, you will gain around 10 OB, but lose around 15 PB.

    These numbers change with your weapon, strength, and total amount of PB. PB difference isn't set, but is greater if you have high parry (185 PB will lose more going brave than 110 PB).

    So Normal mood can be useful in a fight if you want a bit more OB output without a huge detriment to your defensive abilities, as it will generally have an equal drop in OB and raise in PB or vice-versa, whereas the other moods will trade a slightly larger amount of one stat for a slightly smaller amount of the other as a malus for the increase in the latter. (Sorry if that's badly put, couldn't figure out how to best word it.)

    You're friendly neighborhood superzero,

    Zev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oop, forgot berserk. Umm...

      Berserk you should forget about any chance to dodge or block a hit and just focus on the blood that is going to, if not already, soon be pouring from every hole in the opponents body. Huge OB, zerk attacks on warriors, no defense. By the way, on a "zerkbash" a warrior generally can get a maximum of 4 attacks if they get the spare attack each round, but there is a funky situation that can cause you to get 5 in before the opponent can make an action. Basically if your bash lands in the pulse or two before the combat round starts, it will end a pulse or two before the 3nd combat round (the round that they should be standing for) begins. Since it's 1-2 pulses, even had they stacked a flee command, your next combat round will begin before the flee can be completed and you can get your 5th hit before they get to respond. These situations make people die, and the opponent of those people laugh and giggle with mirth.

      Delete
    2. Wow, that's great information! Do you mind if I make it into it's own post? Just in case some people don't read the comments section! :)

      Delete
  4. An additional note on Moods: as you pregress from wimpy to berserk the efficiency of flee decreases.

    At wimpy a flee from a room with 2+ open exits against a single opponent will almost always succeed.

    At normal a flee from a room with 4+ open exits against a single opponent will almost always succeed.

    It is not advisable to flee while brave. This results in a lot of failed flees, change mood wimpy prior to fleeing.

    When berserk the mud replies "You chose to go berserk, now live or die with it!" when you try to flee.

    Mhaliah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That explains a few of my deaths to mobs...hehe

      Delete