Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stats and Other Random Facts

Yeri talked to us a bit about stats and how they affect our character and I just wanted to share a resource with you that goes into great depth about each stat and how they work together to build your character. You can find that HERE. I'll also link to this in the Helpful Links section in the left sidebar.

One thing that can be troubling at first is the sheer amount of text that goes by on the screen as you play. Wotmud.org has a guide to reduce the volume of spam and make things a little easier to understand. You can find that HERE. Here's a hint: Change spam 1 is your best friend.

And on the topic of spam, if you've listened to any of the global channels for any period of time, you might think you were listening to another language. So HERE's a glossary of PK terms for the uninitiated.

And now, the most important fact of the day: This game has crafting! Who knew!? I surely did not. But now I do and I'm super excited. You can make your own weapons and armor, or you can make little items, like candles, and sell them. So guess what I'll be doing today? That's right, just call me Hudson, Merchant Extraordinaire. THIS is the guide I'll be looking at to figure out all this crafting stuff. I'll let you guys know tomorrow how it goes!

One more brief note: I've had a few requests about adding to the Homelands Database. If you're interested in helping out with that, send me a mail at wotmudnewb.gmail.com with your race, homeland and the stats you got and I'll add them to the database. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment