Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Silenced!

Yesterday I met my first male channeler. I had been working towards completing the quests I got from the grizzled adventurer in Caemlyn and was having trouble killing a chief wretch. I asked for help on the chat channel and a fellow asked me why I needed to kill a wretch. I explained about the grizzled adventurer and he asked me what weapon I was using. I suppose that should have been my first clue that something was amiss. I replied that I was using a falchion, probably not the most glamorous of weapons, and he said that was no use to him.

Luckily at that moment, the wonderful Wisdom Thena told me she would come and help me, so I dismissed the odd conversation from my mind. Until I suddenly found myself unable to speak. It was very unnerving and I tried to ask someone what was going on, but "no sound came out." The man, who I would learn later was a male channeler, was nearby and he killed one of the wretch minions for me, but at that moment, Wisdom Thena also appeared. Unfortunately, she saw who was with me and immediately left, with a comment to me, "I see you already have help."

"Noooooo!" Of course my wail of despair was all in vain, since I couldn't talk. I tried to tell her that I still needed her help but of course, I was helpless. When the male channeler saw her, he left. When she saw him, she left. And I was left all alone, totally unable to speak. And that darn chief wretch just sat there, silently mocking me. I just know it.

Luckily, the silence wore off and I was able to explain to Wisdom Thena what had happened and she happily came back to help me. Of course, I gave the scalp to the crier instead of the grizzled adventurer and we had to do it all over again, but that's another story entirely.

So I suppose the moral of the story is that when odd things happen to you, look around. Someone nearby may be a male channeler!

No comments:

Post a Comment