Monday, June 18, 2012

Newbie Helpers

For the last couple days, I've been hard at work mapping the Eye of the World and making note of all the helpful tips located around the town. I'm also working on noting all the various items available in the world and their statistics for an eventual database. I figure it's easier to add to it little by little as I go along rather than doing it all at once as a big project in the future.

Because of this, my post on the Eye of the World has been delayed, as well as my character development. However, I was fortunate enough to meet one of the mud's wonderful newbie helpers.

There is a bell in the Newcomer's Refuge, where you first enter the Eye, that you can ring to request help. More experienced players can enter the Eye to give guidance and aid to those who are struggling to find their footing in this vast and complicated game. I have to say that my first experience, not only with another player on this game, but with one of the designated newbie helpers, was great. Her name was Alayla and she was very nice. She asked if I needed help, but since I was simply wandering around sight-seeing, I declined her generous offer. She chatted with me a few moments and then mentioned that she had glanced at my site and offered the names of others who might be interested in helping. When I asked a question she didn't know, she directed me to someone else who might know, Leodora.

While I was in the Eye today, another newbie helper named Tahla was there providing equipment that was slightly better than the basics the Guardian gave me. I declined to take advantage of it, preferring to leave it for those who might actually be going into battle (the goats in the Eye can be quite a handful!).

Overall, I was well pleased with the level of kindness and generosity displayed by the mud's players. I am eager to dive in and become part of this community.

No comments:

Post a Comment