Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I did it!

I finally took the plunge. I joined a clan. Can you guess which one? If you guessed the White Tower, give yourself a pat on the back!

It was also my first real taste of roleplay. Alayla Sedai led me to the chambers of the Brown Ajah and asked me questions and explained how things worked. After our long discussion the previous day, there was little left to be said, but she wanted to be absolutely certain I knew what I was getting in to. I do. Maybe. Mostly I don't care though. I'm really really excited to be in a clan!

We then went to visit Sheriam Sedai, Mistress of Novices. If there's a more intimidating woman, I haven't met her!  I thought I would melt under her scrutiny, but she merely told me the rules and gave me my new dress. I had to leave before Alayla Sedai could show me how to do chores and before I could explore the Tower, so I logged on last night to figure it out. That was mistake number 1 and would ultimately lead to embarrassment on my first "day" in the White Tower. I lost connection somewhere in the Tower so I went to sleep, thinking all would be well. And it would have been, if my brain didn't have a mind of it's own.

When I logged back on, I was in the Circle of Light. No problem. I'm assuming the "don't leave the Island" rule doesn't apply to the Circle of Light. So down I went. I prepared my mind. "Enter weave tar valon." Four simple words. I'd done this before. I was no stranger to the Circle of Light. Let's do this!

Enter weave Emond's Field.

Well, that went horribly wrong. I stood in the middle of Emond's Field, frozen with terror. I knew that somehow an Aes Sedai already knew I wasn't in Tar Valon. Scowls were being formed on ageless faces, notes were being made in permanent records. Cait had left Tar Valon on her very first day. Great.

I sent a frantic tell to Sarene Sedai, but she was afk. I sent another one to Khahliana who, thankfully, wasn't. She told me to just get back to Tar Valon and report it as soon as possible. It was reassuring that she wasn't appalled. I raced back to Tar Valon, worried that someone would see me and I'd have to explain myself, but no one did. When Sarene was no longer afk, I reported my error and she reassured me that she would report it but it was fine. Then Accepted Keden showed me how to do chores.

An anti-climatic end for such a dramatic start in the Tower perhaps, but right now I am more than happy to do chores in the White Tower. This is an incredible opportunity! Someday, I will have a shot at being an Aes Sedai. If I can manage to avoid silly mistakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment