Monday, July 2, 2012

Weapons Guilds

This post has been a difficult one. Crafting on WoTMUD seems to be difficult and time consuming. Nonetheless, I'm eager to craft my first weapon. I decided on crafting a 2 handed long sword, since that happens to be my weapon of choice.

However, it's not as simple as heading to the Guild house, paying my dues and making a weapon. Oh no. There are materials to be gathered and side trades to be considered.

I used Alayla's Best of the City guide to help me on my way. I headed to Mayene to join the correct weapons guild, but then I discovered I needed a few other items. These items are scattered all over the world. I also need to craft certain items, such as leather straps, fishoil and soap. These, too, are located all over the world. So I set out from Mayene and headed to Arad Doman to make the soap.

Which is basically where I'm at right now. Arad Doman. No weapon in hand, but I've managed to gather a few materials.

So my promised post about weapons guilds has turned out to be more of an update on my (slow) progress, but fear not: Alayla's Best of the City guide has wonderfully detailed instructions for each and every craft, side trade and guild available.

In the meantime, I also wanted to tell you I managed to stat a few more trollocs (a hunter AND a rogue!), a female channeler and I'm currently working on a Light Side rogue. You can see the results of my statting efforts on my List of Characters page or Homelands Database page, both located in the right sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Something not covered in Alayla's guide is armour crafting (I believe because it's newer than the weapon crafting).

    There's a guild for chain(combo)/plate(abs) and for leather(light combo)/cloth(dodge). No side trades required, as I recall. I can swing you the details after I have a chance to log on and refresh my memory.

    You can find me in game as Astrid.

    ReplyDelete